Meet Dr. Couture
Dr. Couture completed his medical school and training in his home state of Maine and from the earliest days of his career has been sought after for his insights and skills in medicine. He has taught as a professor of anatomy, physiology and clinical education, and to this day serves as a preceptor for emergency medical education at UNE’s College of Osteopathic Medicine and Tufts University School of Medicine.
Dr. Couture moved Buffalo, New York in 2013 to study emergency medicine and later returned to Maine where he has worked ever since, serving patients in this critical field for nearly a decade.
Most recently, Dr. Couture helped establish and lead an urgent care company in the region, serving as a primary partner in the operation and helping patients throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dr. Couture is highly trained in vein access and comes to the Advanced Vein & Wound Center applying his experience and expertise to the center’s leading services.
Dr. Couture’s treatment philosophy is ensuring superlative patient care—from the personal patient experience to the clinical patient outcomes. “We are patient-centered with the highest level of treatment available.”
Licenses and Certifications
- He is Board Certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM)
- Certified in Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification
- NIH Stoke Scale Certification
- Board Certification From the Board of Phlebology – Candidate
- RPVI Certification – Candidate
In addition to his certifications, Dr. Couture is engaged in extensive volunteer work, including the following:
- Buckfield EMS, Medical Director
- Turner EMS, Medical Director
- Ripple Effect Outdoor Learning, Board Member